The 9th Annual Field to Feast Event at Long & Scott Farms in Mount Dora
Benefitting the Kids Cafe Program of Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida
January 3rd, 2024
| by Mealtrip
If you've ever been to one of those all-inclusive, big "walk around chef tasting and beverage pairing" events like the Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic
or bygone Party for the Senses
that used to be part of the Epcot Food and Wine Festival
— and said to yourself… "gosh, I wish there was something like that in the early spring" — then you're in luck!
The 9th Annual Field to Feast event held at Long & Scott Farms in Mount Dora
is just around the corner. Taking place on Saturday, February 10th, 2024 is about as close to an outdoor mini Party for the Senses
that you could hope to find. Best of all, it benefits a great cause.
I can't really remember them posting a "menu" per-say, ahead of the event — so you kind of have to go on faith here, but what I do know is — the event will feature unlimited food and drink samples of locally sourced dished prepared by Walt Disney World chefs with the wine, beer and cocktail pairings set up by Master Sommelier George Miliotes
. If I remember correctly, there were around 10 food items and tatting stations last year (give or take), live music, tours of the Long & Scott Farm, and a raffle.
The Field to Feast event will feature unlimited food and drink samples of locally
sourced dished prepared by Walt Disney World chefs with the wine, beer
and cocktail pairings set up by Master Sommelier George Miliotes.
At $195 per person (plus the sales fees, that ends up being $209.93), the event may seem a little pricey — but most of the big, all-inclusive events are these days are pricey — so it's not terribly out of line. What is different here than at a "party for profit" is that this one event raises close to $35,000 for the "Kids Cafe Program" of Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida
. The Kids Cafe Program is an after-school meal service program that provides meals for children in Orange, Seminole, and Osceola counties.
Tickets are limited, and the event does sell out each year. Foodies that live in Central Florida tend to like this event a lot as kind of a "hidden gem" tasting event. Tickets are available to purchase online via the Eventbrite website (I'll provide a direct link to that at the bottom of this article).
Here's all the details in bullet form…
- 9th Annual Field To Feast
- Long & Scott Farms in Mount Dora
- Saturday, February 10th, 2024
- Drinks are available from 2:30pm - 5:30pm
- Culinary stations are open from 3:00pm - 5:30pm
- $195 per person (plus the sales fees = $209.93)
- 100% of proceeds benefitting the Kids Cafe Program of Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida
- Master Sommelier George Miliotes curated all the the beverage pairings
- Chefs from some of the best Walt Disney World restaurants make all the food
- The unlimited food and beverages are tapas/sample size, and are available for no additional cost (above the ticket price) between the dedicated even times
- Tickets do sell out each year
If you'd like to get a ticket for the 9th Annual Field to Feast event
, please visit the Eventbrite website by clicking here