- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
- To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails
- The email address you provide may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computers hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website at http://www.mealtrip.com/terms-and-conditions.asp
Publishing Editor, Curtis Lawyer
Image Upload Policy
All members of the Mealtrip.com community are encouraged to submit electronic photographs for display on Mealtrip.com. Images must be food or restaurant environment related, appropriate and suitable for the general public. You may upload only images which you own and or have "rights" to use. Photographs may not violate the privacy rights of others. Stolen/borrowed images or any image which depicts cruelty and or inappropriate behavior are not acceptable. All images are moderated to insure compliance. All uploads are logged for security purposes. Images must also be in compliance with the following rules:
1. You may not contribute photos that contain expressions of hate, abuse, offensive images or conduct, or any material that could give rise to any civil or criminal liability under applicable law or regulations.
2. By uploading a photo, (a) you grant Mealtrip and Curtis Lawyer permission to use the image on the Mealtrip.com web site or Mealtrip publications; (b) you acknowledge that all images uploaded to the Mealtrip.com site may be viewed in search engine results and social media outlets; and (c) you agree to indemnify Mealtrip.com and Curtis Lawyer and hold Mealtrip and Curtis Lawyer harmless from any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys´ fees, arising from the photo and/or your failure to comply with these rules.
3. No image flooding. The program will only accept one photo from one person, per review.
4. You may only contribute photos that you have taken yourself or that you have all rights to transmit and license and which do not violate trademark, copyright, privacy or any other rights of any other person.
5. You may not upload any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or this website. You are bound by the Appropriate Use Policy for Computer and Information Resources.
The decision of the photo moderators is final.
If there are any questions regarding this image upload policy you may contact us using the information below.
Publishing Editor, Curtis Lawyer